Scammers are found in any field of activity where commodity-money relations are present. It is for this reason that you should by all means avoid situations when some offer seems very sweet and tempting. For example, a car delivery price is offered below the market price, or a contractor is convinced to take advantage of his offer right here and now, without much hesitation. In this case, be extremely careful, because, most likely, we are talking about the fact that they want to deceive you. As a result, a situation may arise when you simply lose the funds you paid, or you may also lose a vehicle or other product, the delivery of which was ordered.
How do scammers act and what to do to avoid being caught on their hooks?
There are both well-established transport scams schemes and completely new ones. Here you need to understand that schemes for obtaining money by illegal means are constantly being improved. Fraud can be both standard and quite sophisticated, for example, using bank cards of potential customers. In order not to accidentally use the services of scammers, follow the instructions.
Instructions: how not to fall for the tricks of scammers?
- Always check the contractor for such options as a license. Trucking cannot be carried out legally without a certificate of registration and a license for this type of activity. If you want to save money or for some other reason decide to use the services of a carrier without a license, then it is simply impossible to protect yourself, so draw conclusions in advance who to contact and who is definitely not worth it.
- Study reviews on the web. Usually scammers will insist that you immediately make some kind of prepayment and do not even have time to look on the Internet. At the same time, it is important to understand that haste and fuss knowingly create conditions for the client to literally “turn off the brain” and the person stops acting rationally, thinking.
- Low prices should be on the alert. It is impossible to dump in purely market conditions. After all, the cost of the same fuel cannot disappear anywhere from the cost of transportation. And the labor of drivers and couriers should be paid at all by piece-work – otherwise the staff will simply go to competitors who pay for the work. The conclusion that can be made is that low prices indicate either that the company is trying to really attract customers by paying the lion’s share of delivery out of pocket, or that you have auto transport scams in front of you.
- Check the details before paying. There are times when a client is dumped by some kind of account under the guise of an account of a well-known carrier company. For example, they make duplicate sites, make up fly-by-night pages, and indicate payment details. Some people are led to this, and simply pay for services. Fraudsters quickly manage to seize funds, cash them out and disappear.
- All conditions for deliveries must be spelled out in the contract. Therefore, it is so important to read it and check all the points before signing the paper. The documents must be legally binding, with wet seals, signatures and other things. This is the only way to protect yourself from fraud on the part of those who pretend to be honest carriers.