Today, many people prefer to travel quickly, using mainly air transport. This, of course, is a prompt and convenient option, but how much does it take away the positive emotions that a train ride can give. Let’s try to highlight travel on train benefits, and maybe some of you will forever decide to travel only by this type of transport.
Interesting about trains – a little history
Probably, many do not even know that railway transport has been with us for more than two centuries. The first steam locomotive went off the rails at the beginning of the 19th (1804) century and was presented to the world by the great scientist Richard Treitwick. But it is worth saying that it was invented, first of all, for industrial purposes, in order to speed up the work of the extractive industry. However, neither the mines nor the mines were in a hurry to use the novelty. It cost a lot of money to build a railway connection, so Traitvik soon lost interest in his brainchild. But his business continued to live, and after 10 years the first freight trains were created, which could carry several tens of tons of cargo at a fast pace of a person – up to 8 km/h.
But the benefits train travel, which carried not only cargo, but also 22 passengers on the main route between Darlington and Stockton, passed 11 years later – in 1825. This train was already speeding 24 km/h. Another 5 years and in England the first line for passenger trains was opened. This was the beginning of the history of human travel on trains.
The benefits of traveling by train
Despite the low speed of modern passenger trains – on average 50 km/h (not counting high-speed ones, such as Sapsan), there are many advantages to traveling by trains:
- you will arrive at the very center of your destination – they try to locate railway stations in the center of cities, so that a tourist can quickly get to the main attractions or change to another mode of transport;
- prompt boarding – to get on a flight at the airport you will have to wait for the check-in time, then go through a lot of checks and exhaust your nerves, when boarding a train, many of these procedures are simplified;
- there is no limitation on the weight of luggage – you can safely load your bags, without regard to the fact that you will need to make an additional payment for overweight;
- you can have a small picnic on the road with your favorite food – only lunches on board are provided on the plane, you cannot bring food with you, and there will be no such restrictions on the train;
- low ticket price – train tickets are several times cheaper than a flight, so traveling by train can also save you a lot of money;
- the opportunity to consider the nature of local beauties – the train does not move so fast, which allows you to get an indescribable aesthetic pleasure from the views from the window.
And finally, the high level of comfort in modern trains makes you feel great even on long journeys.