Fast, affordable and efficient – this is all about the modern possibilities of sea freight. Compared to other methods of delivery, the transportation of goods by water is more economical, since it technically and organizationally requires less costs from the contractor. In addition, sea transportation does not imply adjustment to the specifics of the infrastructure, even in the case of the transportation of large goods.
Features of the used transport
Today there are a number of boat that transport cars people from food to oil and technology.
- Rollers. These are huge ships in which they transport bulky cargo, containers, including special industrial equipment, etc. Pallets are used for transportation, which helps to carry out both horizontal and vertical loading/unloading
- Bulk carriers. They carry bulk cargoes, both industrial and grocery, which are placed in large containers or compartments that are hermetically sealed
- Ferries. In fact, a variation of Ro-Ro rokers, which has several floors, where goods are transported only horizontally. This type of transport can simultaneously carry out passenger services.
- Tankers. Cargo ships that specialize in a narrow profile of goods – oil products. It is pumped aboard using pumps. Bulk cargo can also be transported by this type of transport
- Container ship. Sharpened for the carriage of only goods in special containers
- Dry cargo ships. Used to transport food or non-standard equipment. They can be loaded or unloaded at any port
Why is sea transportation more convenient?
The main plus is that there is no connection to a special infrastructure, which is especially important when transporting by rail and road, including in the case of large loads.
In addition, the following advantages of boat that transports cars people are distinguished:
- acceptable price;
- complete safety of cargo and its inviolability in containers;
- versatility – no boundaries in terms of volumes and types of cargo;
- prompt loading and unloading of goods.
Specificity of sea transportation of goods
In order to be able to transport any cargo, different types of containers are used. They differ in size and type:
- dry – used for heavy loads of small sizes;
- high – for light but oversized cargo;
- with an open roof – for top loading;
- refrigerated – for goods for which it is important to comply with climatic standards;
- tank container – for liquid cargo, gases of various types;
- open areas – for oversized cargo.
The type of container required, the weight and dimensions of the cargo, as well as a number of organizational nuances will directly affect the final price tag for shipping cargo by water.