How to buy good used car
A car with mileage is a profitable purchase, but many people do not dare to do the previous one, because there is a fear of a “cat in a bag”. Is it possible to insure yourself in the best way buy secondhand car? How and where to buy a used car? Which brand and model to choose? We will answer these and many other questions for you today.
What to look for when buying a used car
Often only experienced professionals can easily determine whether the car was beaten, painted, replaced factory parts, and so on. But an inexperienced buyer can also choose a good auto if he knows where to look in the first place. So, what to look for to make a good deal?
- You need to clearly understand what the car should be like and for what purposes you are buying it. Ask yourself a few questions before deciding on a brand and model. For example: will the car drive only in the city or on long distances? Will you drive to nature, etc.
- Connect the “collective mind”. We advise you to involve your husband/wife and more! Ask friends and acquaintances about their experience, read reviews on the Internet. Only then, start searching for ads.
- When choosing an auto should not take into account models with excessively high or low cost. In the first case, the price is inflated artificially by the seller, in the second – the auto has many hidden flaws.
- Also, you should refrain from buying a car with:
- the presence of external modifications to the body, including with installed spoilers, splitters, diffusers, “skirts”;
- vinyl coating of the body;
- Buying an auto with exterior finishes, you risk getting a fine for operating a vehicle with unregistered design changes.
- Once you’ve chosen your ad, ask the seller a lot of questions. You choose a car that should serve you for a long time, quality and reliability. Therefore, do not be ashamed of awkward questions, for example: what detail was replaced? And where did they buy it? And how much did it cost? Did the check survive? How long did the repair take? On what service did they do it? Do you have a mechanic’s phone? – This will help you avoid an unscrupulous seller.
- Check mileage. Sometimes not every service can verify the authenticity of the mileage. But with our tips you can roughly say whether it is original or not. This can be seen from the interior of the car – if the car has been used for a long time, the seats will be shabby, the steering wheel is more worn, the seat belts are weakened.
- Don’t forget to check the documents. It is important that all documents are free of stains or blots and original. And the data from the passport of the owner must completely coincide with the data specified in the state register.
- Check for fines on the car. Such manipulation can be done on the official website-register by vin-number
- Be sure to inspect the car for external defects and perform a test drive. Of course, this will take time, but a successful test guarantees you the joy of the best way to buy a second hand car and safe use!