In the USA and Europe, buying cars auction has long and firmly entered the life of an ordinary person. Not that it is impossible to sell your car with the help of online ad platforms, but simply making a deal in this way – with the help of auction sales, is many times safer and more attractive for many regulars of the car market.
What is an auto auction?
America is the birthplace of auto auctions. Back in 1945, she held such an event for the first time. Naturally, then it was a question of real contact between buyers and representatives of the auction, tk.the Internet was out of the question.
For several post-war years, Manheim – one of the oldest auctions in the United States, demonstrated simply incomparable car turnovers, which went to domestic markets and were exported abroad. The next to take up this business path is the UK, which created the British Car Auction. By the way, the latter still works.
Today, all auctions are operated via an Internet connection, which allows contact with the whole world. So far, in the United States, the largest auction, at which thousands of purchases and sales are carried out every day, is Copart.
How do auto auctions work?
This is a very large system that attracts a large number of different partners around the world to cooperation at once. Buying car at auction, in fact, is a third party that connects the selling and buying parties, for which it receives its dividends. Sellers can be:
- auto manufacturers;
- banking structures;
- leasing companies;
- transport organizations;
- car rental companies;
- fleet holders
However, all of the aforementioned sellers are those who sell whole cars. Dealers or insurers sell used broken ones.
Who is the buying party?
- Whole machines can be purchased by: independent or franchised dealers, resellers
- Damaged vehicles “settle” during dismantling, in auto repair shops and at non-ferrous metal processors
That is, to a private person buying cars auctions, often have to enlist the support of dealers.
What are the benefits of buying a car at an auction?
There are many advantages of buying at auto auctions:
- quality and assembly features – the buyer has the opportunity to purchase a seemingly serial car, but narrowly produced for the market of a certain country, such cars have individual characteristics, which will greatly delight the user;
- buying without leaving home is moreover a safe purchase, because cars are carefully checked before checking and all data for users is in the public domain;
- no deception – honest purchase at a pre-declared cost without unpleasant surprises in the form of final markups.
Buying at car auctions is a way not only to purchase the desired car at an affordable price, but also the opportunity to buy a high-quality model, without hidden gaps.