How to find out that the car is legal and not buying recovered stolen car
Buying a car is a joyful and exciting process, but there are nuances that should be considered before applying. When buying a used car, be careful and be sure to check its legal history. It may turn out that the car being sold is pledged to the bank, or buying a car that was stolen recovered. In the first case, neither the seller nor the staff of the relevant institutions, which will re-register the car for the buyer, will not warn about this nuance of the new owner. And a few months after such an agreement, the bank will demand a car from its buyer. In the second – you will be prosecuted and the case will be brought to court, because only there you will be able to prove your innocence. If you want to buy a car that has already driven on American roads, we recommend that you check its history yourself, this will allow you to avoid unnecessary problems.
In most cases, you will have to pay for the vehicle history check service. How does this happen? You apply to the relevant institution and ask for help. That is, you buy a service from a person or company that takes on all the work with the legal side of the car and gives you only the results. However, there is a free way to access the history of the vehicle. Today, we will tell you what you need to do for the previous one.
- Write down the vehicle identification number (HE), which is located on a plate attached to the car body in several places, such as: door stand, engine block. This number can also be found in the car document.
- Go to the website of the vehicle registration service, where you can be redirected to the Ministry of Justice or the Ministry of Transport.
- Find the section on the site: “vehicle search”.
- After that, you need to click on the link: “free vehicle search”. In this section you can get information about the owner of the vehicle, registration number, as well as information about the status and presence of offenses against the car.
- Specify your current status. That is, whether you are a guest of the site or a registered user. It is also necessary to provide an answer as to the purpose for which this information will be used. Fill in the form on the website, indicating your data, as well as vehicle data.
- Click “send”. After following all the steps of the instructions, you will see on the screen information about the history of the car in the area, which can be printed out on a printer. We emphasize that this paper will not be an official document, as it has no legal force due to the lack of a wet seal and signatures. Therefore, if you need strong evidence for a lawsuit, or any other situation, consult a professional. They are the ones who file lawsuits and receive documentation.