California law window tinting cars
California car window tint laws – a service that is chosen by more and more drivers. This is a tuning element that allows you to stand out from the crowd, as such cars look elegant and unusual. Virtually no one likes it when passers-by look at them. In addition, professional performance brings many benefits, both for the driver and for passengers. The most popular way of tinting is to apply a special film. It must be ISiC certified in order to be used in accordance with the rules.
The practical function of the procedure is that the driver is less likely to be blinded by the sun, and therefore can drive safer. More globally, tinting helps to delay the aging of the cabin and save on repairs.
Advantages of toning
- Properly applied, high-quality film increases driving comfort by reducing light glare and the level of heating of the car.
- Provides effective protection of the skin from UVA and UVB rays and protects against glare.
- Also effectively affects safety in emergencies, stopping broken glass fragments. In addition, it acts as a shield, strengthens the glass and complicates the work of ordinary thieves.
- The car hidden behind the film makes us feel safer and can allow us to leave our belongings in the cabin.
- In the heat, excessive use of air conditioning in the car consumes more fuel, and California car tinting laws, delays about 98% of exposure to ultraviolet rays, which protects the car from discoloration.
- Autoglass is tinted with special metal impregnations that reduce harmful emissions into the environment.
In warm foreign countries, such arguments have become the basis of the law of permission to tint. For example, in California, glass tinting has been a must for a vehicle for 4 years.
California Toning Act
It illegal have tinted windows California adopted in 1999. California regulations provide:
- The front windshield is only allowed to have a clear stripe of shade on the top 5 inches.
- More than 88% of the light, or at least 70% of the VLT in combination with factory auto tinting, must penetrate the window tint legal California.
- According to the rules, the windshield must transmit at least 75% of light and the upper, light-shielding strip should not be wider than 140 mm.
- The rear side tinted windows legal California and the rear window can be used in any darkness.
- Stickers and decorations are not allowed on the front side windows.
- Worn film that makes driving difficult is prohibited and needs to be replaced immediately.
Officers often issue a correction ticket if this is your first violation. A second disobedience could result in a $ 25 fine and removal order. If you are stopped for the third time, the fine will be $ 197.
For beginners, with little driving experience, it is better not to tint the car at all. Driving a tinted car, especially in the dark, can lead to an accident.
State law requires the installation company to issue stickers or a certificate to the vehicle owner with their name and address.
Mirror tinting remains prohibited, as the sun’s rays reflected in it can blind other drivers.