Transportation by water, today, is in great demand around the world. Due to the fact that its capabilities help to deliver large cargo, this transportation type is very popular among many people or companies who need to deliver a car. An additional advantage of this method is the low price. It is due to the fact that it is possible to transport a large amount of cargo with fixed costs for fuel resources. The sea transportation possibilities are limited only by the port’s presence at the destination. However, in order to organize the preliminary transportation, it is necessary to collect a certain document set. So, let’s talk about one of them – it’s bill lading for cars.
Detailed information you need to know
A bill of lading is a document issued by a carrier to the owner of the goods and certifying the ownership of the shipped goods. An important feature of the bill of lading is that it is valid only in paper format. That is, no photos, scans or even color copies can replace its original.
Car carrier bill lading performs several main functions:
- receipt of carriers in cargo receipt with a simultaneous description of its condition;
- confirmation of sea transportation contract;
- commodity management document, without which it is impossible to carry out transportation. That is, it is a “passport” for the cargo, which allows him to cross the border.
Many people find the maritime transport documentation topic quite complex, as there are many types of vehicle transport bill lading. Therefore, we will review all existing ones so that you do not have any questions.
- bill of lading for loading on the ship – confirms that the cargo has been checked and allowed to be loaded. After loading, the shipowner issues; ⠀
- onboard – confirms the moment that the cargo is on board the vessel; ⠀
- a blank of it is a document that confirms that the received cargo is in good condition;
- bill of lading with a warning – on the contrary to the front, this paper is filled in if there are visible defects in the cargo or packaging;
- reversible – allows the transfer of goods from one owner to another; ⠀
- registered of it or non-negotiable – to be filled in in case of goods receipt by the owner, the transfer of such goods is carried out only to the person specified in the document;
- a freight bill of lading is a paper that specifies the terms of the carriage contract, but it is not considered a sea transportation document;
- The through bill of lading is used if the sea transport is only a part of the whole way which the cargo overcomes. Or, when transportation is carried out by two or more shipping lines;
- Also, for car transport bill lading, you can also select a linear type, or home. It should be noted here that a linear document can be issued without home, but home without a linear – never. Why then home? Home bill of lading is usually used in cases where senders need to register a forwarding agent.