Car delivery dealer: what to look for
Have you found the car of your dreams, but the distance to the car dealership is alarming? Have you just bought a vehicle as a gift and do not want to accumulate extra kilometers on it? Don’t worry, the car dealership is a platform that thinks primarily about the customer. Today, official dealers offer a “home” delivery service and it is extremely convenient. However, there are nuances that should be considered when ordering such an additional service. Therefore, in this article, we will consider them in more detail.
Everything you need to know
You have several options for the car delivery dealership method:
- Delivery by truck. From the previous sentence you can understand that moving your auto is carried out using specialized equipment. That is, the car is loaded on a large truck heading to its destination. This solution can be offered to you in the case when the delivery concerns a prestigious, collectible or brand new car. Please note that ordering a truck delivery service can take up to two business weeks.
- Delivery directly at the wheel of your car. What could be better than delivering your long-awaited new auto to your own door? Especially when it happens as soon as possible after purchase. When you order such a service, the dealership sends a professional driver who carries out the movement of your car. At the same time, the vehicle remains clean both inside and outside. An additional advantage of this method is the low price, while maintaining the highest quality of execution at the highest level.
Both methods are good, but you should also consider:
- The auto dealership that offers you these services must have an individual approach to each client. That is, employees should advise you and advise you on the best method of delivery, taking into account the car brand, your wishes and budget;
- Professionalism. The auto dealership should have extensive experience in performing such services, as this indicates their quality of work and the fact that your car will not be damaged. In addition, all parts of the showroom must be regulated. Only specialists in their field should be in the relevant positions;
- Security. You must protect yourself from accidents while transporting a new car. Therefore, before ordering delivery, take care of the legal side. The dealership must provide you with an insurance contract during the carriage of the vehicle;
- Once your auto is brought to the specified place – do not rush to sign a delivery receipt. This document certifies that you have received the auto and have no claims to its appearance or condition. Therefore, inspect your vehicle for defects and scratches, both outside and inside. After all, after written consent on the receipt, you can not present anything and prove to the customer.