Transportation of a car over long distances is a rather complicated and costly process that requires a miscalculation of all possible risks – road conditions, climatic features, the specifics of the region, etc. In such conditions, ship cars by train can be considered the most relevant.
Possible transportation options
There are several ways to ship car by train:
- On an open platform, this is a special auto, equipped with reliable fastenings and having a body made in the form of a net. The cars are installed in such wagons in two tiers. For certain reasons, the transportation of goods in “nets” is carried out longer than other options. In addition, the vehicle is not protected from the whims of the weather.
- Car carrier – allows the owner of the auto to accompany his valuable cargo. These wagons are joined to regular passenger trains. What is a car transporter? This is an all-metal carriage with internal stops for fixing cars (3-4 units). There is also a fire alarm system and security inside. Conductors not only accompany the cargo, but also control the loading process, go through customs control together with the owner of the auto and monitor its safety on the road.
Advantages of railway transportation
To get the right impression about the features of railway car transportation, you need to have an idea of the pros and cons of such transportation:
- Not a very cheap way of transportation, but it will allow you to completely and completely save the car, and at the same time nerve cells that do not have to spend for registration, getting a car, planning the road behind it, etc.
- Binding to a non-standard timetable for the auto transporter – but regular and precise.
- High safety – the chance that something will interfere with the high-quality and timely delivery of the auto is negligible.