The car purchase or the urgent need to transport it over a long distance can create a lot of problems if you do not take care of the convenient and safe transportation of such valuable cargo. What options are most relevant?
Railway transportation involves the use of special wagons (both open and closed). Two tiers can accommodate about 8-10 vehicles. Experienced logistics companies use such wagons for long-distance goods delivery (over 2000 km). The further the delivery point is, the more profitable the use of railway transport will be.
It’s all about the costs associated with loading/unloading machines on ramps. If the car is new, you will have to use a car transporter to get the car to the terminal and then from there. That is why, as carriers, it is the wagons that are so relevant for companies that regularly transport many cars. But there are also disadvantages – a considerable delivery time.
Container shipping is a completely reliable option. But some features of the method reduce its relevance:
- Delivery period – at least container handling at railway stations will take a lot of time.
- Service price – it includes the container rental, the railway stations tariff and the carrier itself.
- Complex internal load securing, which depends on the human factor.
Driving on its own
At first glance, this is the most simple and economical method. But do not forget about a number of mandatory costs: a ticket for the road, fuel, accommodation and meals on the way, as well as the fare of the “ferryman” of cars. In addition, there are also indirect costs:
- Risk of heavy wear on the machine during the haul.
- Risk of “running into” a non-professional ferryman.
- Unforeseen costs arising directly during the ferrying process – chips on the body, damage to the windshield, punctured tires, etc.
- Time and again the time required to transport the car on its own wheels and tips for shipping car.
Delivery by car transporter
An auto transporter is one of the most convenient ways of delivering auto cargo and, definitely, the most profitable. Allows you to transport cargo from door to door. The trip’s geography is limited only by the hard road surface. In addition, the carrier design makes it possible to simplify the arrival of the transported car.
Delivery speed is a big plus. For example, a car transporter can travel up to 500 km per day (if the carrier observes the operating mode). Special belts and hangers allow you to securely fix the car on the platform. And the auto transporters capacity is impressive – although it is slightly lower than that of a car for transporting cars, it far exceeds the classic truck capabilities.
An important point: car transporter drivers are highly specialized specialists who undergo compulsory training and receive car shipping tips.