Checklist for car delivery
What is a checklist in general? This is a way to control the performance of tasks invented in aviation to optimize the process of managing aircraft. By default, a checklist is a list of tasks that need to be completed. A modern person cannot do without such an assistant, especially when it comes to an unusual problem for him. For example, you need to deliver a car, but this is not included in the list of daily tasks. The loss of one stage, failure to comply with even seemingly unimportant formalities can lead to a significant delay in time, financial costs and other troubles.
Approximate checklist for car delivery
We have compiled a rough checklist while taking delivery new car, which can be taken as a basis. It is simple to change all the points: leave the necessary ones, not obligatory delete them. It all depends on the place of purchase of the car, the transport used and the distance of transportation.
Let’s break down the entire list of tasks into three stages. Each will relate to a specific stage of transportation.
Car delivery within the territory
If the car was purchased in another region, it must be brought to the port:
- Find a responsible carrier. You can overtake the car yourself if the buyer is geographically located in the territory where the car was purchased and has the time and desire to do the haul. You can instruct acquaintances or friends;
- Choosing the terminal from where the auto will be loaded and sent;
- Car insurance for the entire period of transportation.
After the car is delivered to the port, all documents must be completed. It is advisable to entrust this to a professional, since the documentation there is very specific, and it is important to arrange it correctly.
Transportation by sea
If the car is transported from one country to another, then an important stage at this stage will be – loading and securing the car in a container. It is imperative to make sure that the machine is securely fixed, to see exactly where the container is installed. Submit supporting documents. At this stage, all tasks have already been solved. While the auto will swim across the ocean, you need to prepare to meet him on the shore.
Car arrival, registration, delivery to the destination
At this stage, it is extremely important to focus and complete all tasks with maximum accuracy:
- Arrival of an auto – you need to meet it, get in your hands all the documents that prove that you are the owner of the auto;
- Be sure to check the condition of the machine after unloading;
- If the transportation is international, then choose a customs broker who will deal with the legalization of the auto;
- If necessary, the auto is evaluated;
- Passage of all customs procedures with the help of a broker (in each individual case, their number and types may differ: a car for oneself, for the purpose of further sale, etc.);
- Checking and picking up a car at the place of delivery.
Again, this checklist for the delivery of an auto is very approximate, but on its basis it is much easier to draw up your own individual plan and control all tasks and their implementation when delivering an auto from any country in the world.