When transporting goods on the market, negotiated prices and delivery quotes apply. It depends on whether you choose private transportation or the services of a transport company. However, in both cases, there are a number of criteria that affect the final cost.
What affects quotes delivery?
The price is influenced by factors such as:
- distance and route of transportation;
- area of service provision (place of loading and unloading);
- pre-order time;
- type of cargo (including its value);
- type and method of packing the transported cargo;
- size (weight, volume);
- time of service provision (seasonality of demand and prices, non-working days);
- transportation speed (express transport is more expensive from 50 to 100%);
- volume of additional services.
There are two main types of transportation and, as a result, prices:
- Open. The cheapest way of transportation. It is characterized by an affordable price and reliability. Several cars are placed in an auto transporter, the design of which assumes no roof. Due to which it cannot provide maximum protection to the cargo from environmental influences.
- Enclosed. The most reliable delivery method, this is the reason for its high price. The closed carrier type provides the best environmental protection. A great option for luxury and classic cars.
In the end, the final price depends mainly on the cost of bringing the car from abroad, which, if added to the price of the car, can significantly affect the total cost of transportation. Delivery will, to some extent, decide whether the entire operation is profitable. And if so, it is not surprising that buyers are looking for ways to save as much money as possible on car transportation.
Car transportation methods
If you intend to buy a car abroad, you should first think about how you want to bring the purchased car to the country. You have two main options to choose from:
- independent car transportation;
- ordering transportation to an intermediary.
In the first case, you can either get behind the wheel yourself or use the services of a driver. However, remember that you can only drive if the vehicle is registered and has valid insurance. Since the vehicle is rarely removed from the register at the time of purchase, you are responsible for completing all formalities. If you do not have time or do not know how to go through temporary registration, then specialized companies that deal with transportation and paperwork can do it for you. Using this option is undoubtedly convenient because it saves you a lot of problems.