Every car owner may need to tow a car, but this process is shrouded in many nuances and controversial issues. One of the most interesting ones is – does towing car put miles it? Let’s try to understand this issue and find out: is it true or not?
What is vehicle mileage?
The mileage is the total number of kilometers that the vehicle has traveled after leaving the assembly line. This accounting helps to navigate the technical condition of the vehicle, timely diagnose or replace consumables and main parts that keep the car on the move.
Distinguish between the total mileage – this is the total number of kilometers traveled and daily. The latter does not mean that this is necessarily the mileage for the last 24 hours, but for a certain period of time from manual reset. In other words, if the daily allowance can be adjusted, then the total is maintained without the owner’s access.
How is mileage measured?
To measure the mileage, a metering device is used – an odometer. It calculates the mileage based on the rotations of the driving pair of wheels, regardless of whether the car is started or not. Does towing car add mileage?
Towing and mileage
And so, until the drive wheels revolve, the mileage is inexorably going. Therefore, if we are talking about towing on a cable or a rigid hitch, then it is impossible to stop the odometer count – the mileage will grow.
Trolley towing changes the situation when we are talking about a front-wheel drive vehicle. Rear-wheel drive or all-wheel drive cars will continue to count their mileage when rolling.
An ideal option for long-term towing without mileage counts can be considered only transportation on a full-fledged platform – an auto transporter. He is ready to transport cars of any kind, class and type of drive.
Why is full submersion towing better?
It can be considered the most convenient not only because the mileage count stops, but also for a number of reasons:
- the car can be moved without a driver with a small load – if the car breaks down on the road, then the owner can completely shift the care of the car to the transport company and go light by any other means of transport, leaving his things in the trunk;
- any breakdown – on the cable and rigid hitch, it is important that the car has proper steering and braking system, and when transportation is carried out with full immersion, these parts are no longer important;
- the most varied distances – the car can be transported both 100 km within the same city, and international transportation;
- documentary support – the carrier company will be able to easily take on the duties of paperwork, i.e.the client will only have to indicate the delivery address and get his car there;
- any place of delivery – home parking or the one needed by the car service station owner.