Dollies for car transportation
If you have to choose a practical, durable and smart way to tow a car, no doubt the choice will fall on transportation with dollies move cars. There are many types of trailers, each with different characteristics depending on transport needs. A dolly move car is a vehicle without an engine that must be towed to move. Its main feature that makes it a comfortable and efficient vehicle is to increase the capacity of the towing vehicle. The trailer is attached to the towing vehicle thanks to a hook (or a specialized connection system), which makes the two elements stable and safe. Each trailer has its own braking system, which is activated when the car slows down. Typically, small trailers are designed to transport small and medium-sized vehicles and are equipped with only one axle, this element is important to ensure the stability and tightness of heavy loads.
Features to know
- To drive a vehicle with a trailer, the driver must have a license of a certain category.
- Transportation of the trailer can be performed by ordinary transport, minivan, SUV, etc. They have the ability to tow car trailers with fully loaded weights up to 3 tons.
- When you intend to buy a dolly for moving cars, you must also take into account the costs of registration, insurance, road tax and maintenance, which must be implemented.
When towing a trailer, keep the following in mind:
- fuel consumption increases even at moderate speeds;
- there is a significant reduction in the acceleration of the vehicle, especially if the trailer is loaded with a large car;
- the braking distance increases;
- when driving directly during braking, the transported load tends to move forward, while during sharp acceleration it has directly proportional capabilities;
- on roads with steep hills you should drive carefully, because the risk of an accident increases;
- on steep descents the traction force acting on the towing trailer should be taken into account;
- due to unfavorable conditions, for example, wind – the force of overturning increases;
- when turning, the “gap distance” (i.e.the space required for turning) of the transport complex is greater and the trailer tends to “tighten” the curve (because it passes a circular path with a radius smaller than a normal car). For example, when turning right, be careful not to drive the rear wheel onto the sidewalk.
False information about dolly move cars:
- the pressure in the tires of the towing vehicle must be the same as the pressure in the tires of the trailer;
- in cars equipped with the A. B. S.it is impossible to hitch a trailer without a brake system;
- the presence of parking sensors prevents the trailer from towing;
- The trailer must have the swivel wheel down while driving.