Is it possible to buy on facebook used car: what to look for when choosing a car
Buying a used car is not as easy as it might initially seem. Before you come to inspect the car, you think that you remember everything that needs to be paid attention to. In fact, when a potential buyer inspects a car, he forgets about many things. At the same time, the seller tries to hide the minuses of the vehicle as carefully as possible. As a result, this leads to the fact that you become the owner of a foreign car, which after just a few months begins to “crumble” before our eyes. Various components stop functioning properly, and emotions after such a purchase leave a rather unpleasant aftertaste.
Today we will talk about whether facebook cars for sale near me is possible and how to do it correctly.
The basics of choosing a car on Facebook
When looking at the facebook used cars model, we recommend focusing on such factors as:
- Technical condition.
In addition, it is important to remember a few rules, thanks to which you will be able to make a truly worthy purchase.
- We inspect the body. It should not be rusted and rotten. It does not hurt to pay attention to checking the wheel arches, trunk, sills. Also check the painting of the car. If the seller tried to cover the traces of dents and scratches, this will be quite noticeable.
- We look under the car. Liquid should not drip from underneath the car. There should be no oil drips on the engine.
- We examine the wheels. With correct camber adjustment, the wheels will be level.
- We carry out “revision” of belts. Upon reaching the state of wear, the belt acquires a characteristic white tint with tracing of the reinforcing threads.
What else to pay attention to?
After completing the hood diagnostics, take care of the car engine. In the ignition lock, before the devices turn on, you need to turn the key. But the engine itself, in fact, should not be started. During this process, the hood must be open. As soon as you turn the key, the oil pressure gauge and battery lights should light up. Accordingly, when the engine has already started, everything will go out. The faster the car starts, the better.
If, after releasing the gas pedal, the revs did not fall, this indicates that there is something wrong with the adjustment. The same applies to maintaining high idle speed.
- What is the color of the exhaust? If the smoke is black, then the engine needs to be adjusted. If you have a slightly blue tint, be wary, because in this case the car will definitely have to be repaired.
- Checking the brake fluid and oil level.
You need to pull out the dipstick, wipe it gently with a cloth and return it to its original position. Now remove the part again. There are marks on it to indicate the presence of oil on the dipstick. The consistency of the oil should not be overly thick.
Now you can test drive the car. You can find a suitable model in special groups and public pages on Facebook.