Flying cars – do you still think that this is something of the degree of fantasy? Then we propose to put your skepticism aside and learn about this not new product for a long time.
It is worth noting that there have been many attempts to create a flying car, but what about now? What advances are there and will there be benefits flying cars over the traditional types of vehicles available to us today?
Are flying cars a reality?
Today, many companies are engaged in full robotization of a car. It is predicted that soon we will be able to just get into the car, set the parameters and calmly go about our business, without watching the road. But this no longer seems to be something fantastic, but flying cars are a completely different matter. However, as it turned out, the Uber company has been closely engaged in this project for a long time, and even gave an announcement to this miracle for 2020. But due to the unfavorable epidemiological situation, many developments have stopped.
Recall that flying machines have already been presented to the public. And the most famous project is the Malt Taylor aircar. His brainchild flew and drove very well, and most importantly, unlike other projects, he did not kill anyone. Now this representative of unusual machines takes pride of place in the US Aviation Museum. A total of 6 exclusive Malt models were sold, but none of them flew.
Another representative of aero cars is a plane-car based on the Lotus Elise roadster. The car had a 2.5 liter V8 engine, as well as 350 hp, and was presented to the public in 2000. They talked a lot about the car, and the creators constantly updated something in it, but in the end, the project was simply lost in time.
There were several more attempts to create an auto with the ability to fly, but everything gradually sank into oblivion. Although who knows, maybe soon Uber or another progressive company will delight us with something more solid, which will linger among the masses, and maybe it will be released into a series.
The advantages of flying cars
We propose to talk about flying car advantages, taking as a basis those that have already been created and interesting developments that modern manufacturers have baited our interest by announcing their entertaining projects.
- No traffic jams. Indeed, flying cars can help solve such an urgent problem as traffic jams, which is relevant in any city.
- Environmental friendliness. According to the calculations of specialists, such cars will produce much less harmful emissions into the ozone layer than their ground counterparts. And no carbon emissions
- Speed and no barriers. Such cars will help save our time, which we spend driving around water bodies or impassable thickets. Moreover, the speed of movement itself will be many times higher
- Storage. Such a car will replace a private jet, while it will not need to build a special hangar and safely store it at home
- Versatility. Even if bad weather catches you in flight, you don’t have to look for a landing strip, but land right on the highway, continuing your path along the ground