How much does car hauler make?
Car carriers have become widespread in the past few years. People are less willing to risk ferrying cars with their own hands and are willing to pay for a convenient service. Transport and logistics companies deal with the matter in an integrated manner. Everything from the development of the route and paperwork to the delivery itself is done by highly qualified professionals, and the car owner only needs to explain how he imagines the ideal transportation.
Prices in companies for car transportation vary greatly. Someone wants more, someone less, but we advise you to start not only from the average car hauler pay, but also from the quality. Choose experienced companies that are able to organize in the shortest possible time transportation of any kind on their own vehicles, which are repaired and serviced at the company’s bases. Such organizations are ready to work only within the framework of the contract in order to maximally protect the interests of the client.
Pricing of car transportation services on the roads of the country and abroad
The first thing that forms the price is the weight and dimensions of the vehicle. It depends on how much space it will take on the car transporter and whether it will be necessary to adjust the location of the clips using special equipment.
The second important detail is the distance. It is calculated at the price per 1 km of track, but the longer the distance, the lower the price per road unit. In other words, it is quite possible to save on a long journey of your car.
The options that will interest the client will also regulate the final price tag:
- auto transporter or closed carrier – the first is considered a universal method of transportation, which is several times cheaper due to the possibility of simultaneous transportation of several cars, the second is a little more expensive, but more comfortable, because the car drives itself in an insulated structure;
- home delivery or to the company’s base – when delivery is carried out to one of the organization’s terminals, the client does not overpay, you have to pay extra for targeted delivery;
- urgency – if the client is ready to wait for the standard deadline, then there will be no overpayments, but the company has to overpay for express delivery;
- documentary support – the client can draw up some of the documents himself and save money, but if he entrusts these tasks to the company, then it has to pay extra;
- information systems – often companies are ready to inform their customers for free, but there are organizations that ask for an additional fee for mailing;
- insurance – the company almost never takes money for basic insurance, including it in the basic package of services, but in order to comprehensively protect the cargo, the company charges an additional amount.
How much does a road carrier cost?
As it became clear, the service can vary greatly in the average salary car hauler, depending on what kind of car, how far and under what conditions you need to transport. To find out more precisely the rates, you should refer to the websites of major carriers, where there are online calculators for quick self-calculation.