How choose used car
To sell your old auto well, set a selling price that is satisfactory to you and fair to the market by comparing it with a calculator on the vehicle’s store sites (This price is calculated based on millions of data, constantly analyzed using proven statistical models developed by engineers and automotive experts). Finally, do not forget to clearly and honestly present your auto and the documents available to it. Today we will provide you with answers to questions that concern you related to this topic.
Everything you need to know
- At what price should you sell your car well? A good deal is made at the right price! It should be neither too high nor too low. Each party, seller and buyer, must enter into “good deals.” The ideal selling price is determined by:
- the average selling price of vehicles similar to yours;
- its mileage;
- its damage;
- auto benefits.
- How to prepare your auto for sale and how to pick good used car? Do not hide any information, but show your old auto in a better light.
- Take care of the presentation and carefully clean your salon. The car should be washed, as this gives it a tidy and attractive appearance;
- Take all personal belongings out of the auto;
- Take at least 3-4 photos in front, behind and in the cabin;
- Take a technical inspection of your auto if it is more than 4 years old and a technical inspection of more than 6 months.
- How and where can you sell a car?
- Car dealerships that buy cars from individuals;
- Auto auctions;
- Vehicle sales sites;
- Dealer centers.
- How to prepare for the meeting of your auto with a prospective buyer? Be careful when meeting with potential buyers. Offer a test drive of your car, but choose lively and frequently visited meeting places. To avoid unpleasant situations and insure yourself, use the following tips:
- Give the keys to a potential buyer only after he gets in the car;
- Turn off the ignition and take the keys back before leaving the car;
- Stay confident and don’t worry;
- Present your registration card, technical inspection, maintenance log and the latest invoices.
- What papers are needed to close the sale?
- Registration card. After completing the sale and payment, you must block your registration card;
- Certificate of status. Certificate of administrative status – is a document that guarantees the possibility of selling a vehicle. Situations in which the sale is not possible: uncontrolled vehicle, stolen car, unpaid fines or loan agreements. The status certificate issued to the seller must be dated less than 15 days;
- Technical inspection. This process is mandatory for the sale of a vehicle that is older than four years. This should be done by an approved center that will provide you with the appropriate document. You must then provide the buyer with a “control report” valid for six months.