How fix burn mark car headliner
One of the biggest problems faced by car owners is how to fix cigarette burns in a car. Injuries that are usually caused by smoking are the subject of our article. Today we will help you try to fix the situation or reduce its visibility. To begin with, it should be emphasized that the results of the work performed may depend on the severity of the damaged part, ie: its size, depth, type of upholstery around and the location of the hole. If your intention is a complete restoration of the upholstery, especially if it is a burn in the leather material – seek professional help or consult a workshop specializing in repair burn mark headliner.
Everything you need to know
There is a wide choice of material with which the interior for cars is sheathed. Depending on the tissue, cigarette burns vary. Example:
- Nylon is a synthetic fiber material. The advantage of such a car is its resistance to high temperatures, stains and wear in general. But its main problem manifests itself when it is exposed to fire. Therefore, as a result of a cigarette burn, it will burn quite quickly and cause a large amount of damage.
- Polyester. This material is almost as durable as nylon. It does not shrink and dries quickly. But what happens before the burn? It is vulnerable to fire and spreads rapidly. As soon as the burned part cools down, you will see that it hardens.
- Imitation leather. We all know that this material is a good and economical alternative to its authentic predecessor. It happens in many ways, so the effect of cigarettes on the interior will depend on the components in the fabric.
- Leather is the most expensive material, the vast majority of which is made from horse or cattle. Compared to a material made of plastic, leather is a more fire-retardant material. Serious injuries occur much less often when it comes to missing a cigarette.
The kit you will need to repair cigarette burns in your car:
- Any sharp object, for example, a blade or a stationery knife;
- Needles that pierce the thickness of the upholstery;
- Special glue for fabric;
- Fabric or other additional materials for filling;
- Fabric that will replace the damaged part;
- Transparent spray paint.
The sequence of actions that will help fix burns on the interior, which is made of nylon, polyester and artificial leather:
- The surface on which there is a burn should be cleaned, if it needs to be moistened – wait for it to dry.
- Very carefully separate the fabric that has floated or burned around the hole.
- Take a patch or cloth of the same color as the upholstery of your salon, and cut a hole the same size as the damaged part. If the defect is not deep, then add a little glue to fill it. If the situation is exactly the opposite – use foam.
- After that, the hole should be closed with fabric glue. Use auxiliary mechanisms – tweezers or toothpicks.