How pack for shipping overseas?
Not only the price and speed of delivery of the parcel, but also its safety directly depends on the quality and correctness of packing things for sending outside the country.
Choosing the type and size of packaging
How pack clothes for shipping overseas? If we are talking about small things, you can use an envelope, a plastic bag, or very thick paper. To fix the package, it is enough to glue the wrapper or bandage the parcel. For larger and, accordingly, heavy things, a box, bag or thick fabric used as a covering is recommended.
All packing materials (boxes, paper, plastic bags, etc.) are available at any post office in the country. If you plan to send it by a special service, the mail will most likely provide the corresponding envelopes and plastic bags completely free of charge.
When the preference is given to the mailbox, it is worth considering that its maximum dimensions are 42.5 × 26.5 × 38 cm. If the parcel with clothes turns out to be larger, special bags are offered in post offices (not all) (or you can pack the parcel with your own forces).
If an inventory of the attachment is planned, it is better not to pack things – they will have to be handed over to the postal employee in advance (he must check the contents with the inventory)
How to choose the optimal packaging for a particular garment? The delivery service offers several options. You can choose the most suitable one.
Clothes can be sent in a soft shell (e.g.cloth). It is recommended to pre-use a moisture-proof material (for example, a polyethylene film) as a wrapper.
- Durability, exclusion of access to clothing, mandatory availability of space for a label with an address (size from 10.5 × 14.8 cm).
- No traces of scotch tape on the cardboard box, since its reuse for sending a package is prohibited.
- When self-packing clothes, you need to very carefully stick the shipping form (the barcode cannot be covered with film or tape).
- When sending items in a box, they should not move when moving – all free space should be filled with cotton wool, polystyrene, etc.
- When sent in cloth packaging, it is important that the fabric is light, solid, preferably one-piece or sewn with an inner seam from identical pieces. The address cannot be sewn on – it is written directly on the fabric.
- If there is factory packaging, you can send clothes without additional packaging.