How register your car new state
If you intend to live in another state or buy a car in it, then you need to familiarize yourself with some of the requirements that need to be met. So, let’s talk about moving another state car registration:
Questions that concern you and answers to them
Is it possible to buy a car with license plates in another state? If you want to buy a car with license plates from another state, you can do so, but you must remember that you will have to perform the following procedures to avoid problems with moved another state car registration in the future:
- Deregistration of plates in the state of passage;
- Registration of license plates in a new condition;
- Change of owner.
Should I change plates if I change status? So. When the state changes, it is necessary to change the plates, because without removing the numbers of the previous state, the debts will remain in force and will continue to be generated annually. For example: the right to approve a vehicle, the tax, which in case of non-payment, will be accumulated.
How to report a change in the condition of the car? To notify about the change in the status of the car, you must carry out the process of registration of license plates in the new state, which will be an inspection of holdings with the old organization. Although the requirements may vary from state to state, to register an old car from another location, you must submit the following documents:
- A document that legally accredits the purchased car. For example: the original invoice confirming registration or request for import;
- Valid driver’s license, valid state-standard identity card or address confirmation;
- Deregistration of a vehicle in another state;
- A real car to consider.
How does a change of ownership occur if the buyer and seller are in different states? The fact that the buyer and seller are in different places is not a problem to change the owner of the vehicle, as this procedure must be carried out by the new owner within a maximum of 15 days from the date of transfer of the car. This is a data update that must be done at the vehicle management offices. Requirements for changes to move another state car registration are as follows:
- Valid identity card (taxpayer card, military card, passport, professional card, driver’s license);
- Documents that accredit legal personality;
- Individuals: (in case you do not go to the procedure in person) Power of attorney signed before two witnesses and official identification of the interested person and the person conducting the procedure, as well as a copy of the identification of witnesses;
- Confirmation of recent address;
- Receipts and checks for payment for services. You can perform this procedure in authorized banking institutions and shopping centers. You can also do this online if you have a numbered account;
- Confirmation of property rights;
- Paid term of office or approval (for the current year and the previous four years);
- Current drawing card. If you are a legal entity, you must provide your Federal Taxpayer Registry number.