How relocate across country
Relocation packages are provided by many companies. But it costs a lot of money, and not everyone can agree to strangers packing their things. Today you will learn how to organize the move yourself.
List of key recommendations
- Wardrobes need to be dismantled 2-3 weeks before moving. Getting rid of the old will allow you to reduce the number of boxes and tune in to a new stage in life.
- Measure appliances and pieces of furniture.
- Search for a truck and movers.
- Purchase packing materials. For example, wrapping paper. It will help secure breakable objects. Think about how and what is the best way to pack everything you need. It is pre-recommended to purchase clothes covers, trash bags and markers (to sign boxes).
- How pick up move across country? Deal with parcels and invoices. Check your utility bills before moving in. Consider how best to deal with television and the Internet. Almost all providers have the opportunity to renew the agreement to a new address or to another responsible person. You should not place orders online shortly before moving. Their delivery may take a longer delay and you will have to arrive at the post office located near the previous apartment.
- Pack your belongings in advance. In order to avoid haste and fuss, things should be collected in advance. If you are planning to move in the summertime, feel free to start packing your winter shoes and clothing. Each box must be signed in order to understand which one you will open first upon arrival at a new home. The use of colored stickers is encouraged, since they will help you understand which room the list of boxes is intended for. For example, boxes with a yellow sticker have been selected for the bedroom, boxes with blue for the kitchen, and pink or blue for the nursery. So you can significantly facilitate the work of the loaders, as well as quickly disassemble things.
- Prepare your new home. Before you bring in furniture, you need to protect the slopes of doorways: they are often accidentally caught when they carry bulky items. Spread something on the flooring, because movers will not take off their shoes, each time bringing in another box.
- Notify neighbors, comrades and co-workers. It is better to arrange a few days of vacation for the time allotted for the move, since there is hardly a free minute to solve the working moments. After informing your friends about this news, you can ask them to help. Even if you hire movers, extra hands will definitely not hurt.
- Clean up your old apartment.
- Set aside your essentials. At the moment of day X, you must collect everything. Set aside your phone chargers, first aid kit, documents, laptop and wallets. Stock up on water, food for snacks; prepare shoes and clothes in which you intend to ride.