How transport car without plates?
If you want to transport your car, there are a few things to consider.
We will tell you what rules exist for deregistered vehicles and what costs you can expect.
The most important thing
- The deregistered car can be transported by means of a transfer number plate;
- A vehicle without license plates can only be transported on a trailer.
To transfer a deregistered car, you have three options:
- Self-assembly with a trailer. You must have a valid driver’s license for a trailer of a certain category and a trailer for transporting vehicles;
- Self-assembly using a transfer plate. To do this, you need a forwarding license plate;
- Use the services of trucking companies. The company organizes the entire transfer for you. This can be a driver who carries a car by train or truck.
How transport vehicle without plates?
It is possible to transport the deregistered car only by means of the trailer. A vehicle without a valid identification number may only be handed over on specialized equipment and subject to the following conditions:
- The vehicle will be delivered to the nearest state register;
- You need to take the car to the service station (provided that you go directly only to the workshop, detours are not allowed);
- It is forbidden to tow a vehicle without a valid general inspection, rod or rope. If your car does not have a valid general inspection, you must hand over your car to a forwarding agency or transport it yourself with a trailer;
- You can’t borrow a red license plate from someone and use it to transfer your car yourself. The red license plate is only approved for vehicle dealers.
Recommendations for companies that provide transportation services
- If you transport the vehicle yourself with a transfer license plate, you can save a lot of money. However, you need to take the time and take care of the insurance yourself. With the help of a freight forwarding agency, you can transfer your vehicle either by driver or by transport (train or trailer). This saves your time and the car arrives safely. Professional companies have been trained by personnel and are insured in the event of an accident or damage to the vehicle. So you don’t have to pay for any damages yourself. You will receive a transfer protocol. The list lists all existing defects and valuable accessories. After delivery, it is checked whether there is damage or something is missing. For example, private things: camera, laptops, etc. – are usually not insured, so do not leave valuables in the car;
- Not every provider is a professional company. On Ebay and other platforms, individuals offer to transport your car. This is not recommended as drivers are not insured. In the event of an accident, you need to reimburse the costs at your own expense.