The biggest truck stop world
Iowa-80 is considered to be the largest truck parking lot in the world. Location: Highway Eighty, which connects New York and San Francisco in more detail, is the city of Walcott, Iowa. Its length is four thousand eight hundred kilometers, which is equivalent to miles — three thousand. During the construction of a new route, which today is listed at number eighty, the land on which the parking lot is now bought to build a gas station. The owner was a local oil tycoon, most likely he did not expect that in almost sixty years his brainchild will become the largest truck parking lot in the world. Iowa-80 is popular not only among truckers who come to the “pit stop”, but also among tourists. This is an interesting place, an outstanding attraction and a museum that anyone can visit. There are fifty gas stations, about twenty service stations and other attractive places not only for cars but also for drivers. Iowa-80 is a colorful place that we advise you to visit at least once in your life.
What is the largest truck park in the world?
- Every day, about five thousand people stop on its territory;
- The numbers are staggering, with Ninety thousand meats and about 1.5 million cups of coffee sold in Iowa 80 in one year;
- The area occupied by the largest truck stop world — eighty-nine hectares;
- The allotted area for trucks holds eight hundred parking spaces;
- Fifteen, this is the number of cars that can be serviced at gas stations at the same time;
- There is a device for measuring weight in the parking lot so that truckers can track its distribution on the truck;
- Everything is done for people and increase their comfort. Anyone can use the laundry or shower room. Also on site there is a library and reading room, lounge, massage room, gym. If necessary, you can use the services of a dentist and therapist;
- About four hundred people work on the territory;
- Entrance to Iowa-80 is carried out in two ways. The first is specialized, which is used by owners of trucks and oversized vehicles. The second is central, used by all other streams of people;
- There are many eateries and restaurants on the territory, the most popular of which is named after the parking lot;
- At Iowa-80 you will find everything you need for your car. In shops there is a wide choice of production: from spare parts for a car, to jewelry on it;
- There are many souvenir shops on site, so you will not be left without memories of this place. And in the shop of reproductions you can buy a toy truck, which will be an exact small copy of it;
- If you visit this place — do not forget to visit the museum, which presents many trucks and their history. Admission is free, but those who wish can make voluntary donations;
- The symbol of Iowa-80 is a pig, because the state in which this parking lot is located is agricultural.