Open vs enclosed auto transport
Transport logistics are organizational methods of transportation from the moment of loading of a car to its unloading. If you are a person who intends to move your car from point “A” to point “B”, you can usually do it yourself, but the best solution is to seek professional help. This way you save your own time, energy and nervous system. Therefore, when choosing such services, there are certain priority benefits that the organization should have and provide. Here are some of them:
- the required amount of space for the car, which or which you need to transport;
- the required quality of work performed;
- delivery to the place of your choice;
- delivery at the time specified by you;
- variety and choice of additional services;
- optimal price.
You can apply for this kind of help to several institutions, because there are three types of sellers of transport services:
- Transport companies (fleets or legal entities that own transport and provide transportation services);
- Forwarding companies (intermediaries between the customer and the carrier);
- Not transport companies (companies that deliver their cargo, but it is not profitable for them to overcome the previous path in vain, so when they go back they offer a transportation service).
After the selected company you need to choose in what form the service will be provided. There is open and closed transportation. This question is delicate and requires a special approach, tailored to your preferences.
What type of transportation is best?
There is no unequivocally correct answer, because everyone has their own opinions and expectations (about the chosen service), which are different. But we will point out the specific advantages and disadvantages of open vs enclosed car shipping.
- Open transportation is a way in which cars are moved on an open platform. You should not worry and worry about car protection, as it is secured with special seat belts. The big advantage of the open type is the low price. This efficiency is due to the fact that next to your car, on the trailer, there are several more in the neighborhood. So, you can overtake several cars in one trip, while fuel costs remain unchanged. This service is popular among car owners in the middle price segment.
- Closed transportation. Transportation of this type is significantly different from the above. The car is indoors all the way, so it is additionally protected from external factors (moisture, weather conditions, dirt, etc.).
This is a great choice for owners of expensive or rare vehicles, because it guarantees increased safety. Confidentiality is another advantage of closed transportation, the car goes in a box, thus avoiding unwanted glances. A significant disadvantage of such services is the high price. Despite the fact that from a financial point of view the closed type of expensive transportation – the quality is maintained at the highest level.