Towing car behind moving truck
According to the generally accepted rules of operation, towing on the road must be performed by a vehicle with a technically serviceable system of couplings, this applies to both the towed vehicle and the auxiliary vehicle performing the towing.
It should also be noted that the implementation of these actions applies to one motor vehicle, ie it is strictly forbidden to tow a car with an additional installation.
The following steps regarding towing the car:
- by means of flexible or rigid coupling;
- with partial load, such as: towing with a specialized support device or platform.
Consider in more detail the way in which towing a car is carried out at the expense of another car, because it is more common and cost-effective.
Execution technique involves the use of specialized cables and compliance with the rules.
What you need to know
How tow car behind moving truck? The following actions are strictly forbidden:
- Towing by means of vaccination of flexible type in adverse weather conditions, for example – ice;
- In cases where the total weight of the broken car exceeds fifty percent of the weight of the car with which the towing takes place;
- If the total length of the cable between vehicles is more than twenty-two meters (for large cars – thirty meters);
- It is strictly forbidden to tow two or more vehicles, or to move a car with an additional attachment.
Perform the actions designed to move the vehicle behind a moving vehicle according to the following rules:
- Towing must be performed by a driver with experience and the appropriate category of driver’s license;
- Before haulage, the two parties must agree on the delivery of certain signals and their order, in particular those related to stopping vehicles (For example: flashing headlights on a towed car – please stop, or an audible signal – a warning of maneuver);
- When towing, drivers must strictly follow each other’s vehicles and follow the rules so as not to cause discomfort to other road users;
- The speed when performing this manipulation should not exceed 50 km/h;
- The total length between vehicles towed on a rigid clutch must not exceed four meters, and on a flexible one – up to six meters;
- Flexible grip, after each meter overcome, is indicated by specialized shields or flags;
- In the case of towing a vehicle, for greater convenience, you should move closer to the center of the road;
- It is forbidden to move passengers in cars that tow on a flexible or rigid clutch (except for passenger vehicles). The same rules apply to towing by partial load in all, without exception, situations.