What is towing a car and why is it needed
This topic, at first glance, is quite difficult to understand. But we will start with the simplest to help you understand it and its features. Thus, towing is the forced movement of a vehicle due to additional equipment and applied force. To master this technique requires experience, skill and relevant skills. It should be noted that the driver who starts towing another car is responsible for two vehicles. Note that an inexperienced driver who will perform these actions puts you in danger of injury and violation of the integrity of your own auto and the car you are towing. Also, such a person can cause an accident that is related to other road users.
Towing across country is performed in three ways:
- by means of rigid coupling;
- by means of flexible coupling;
- with partial towing load of the towing vehicle by means of a platform or a suitable support (used for cars with faulty controls and cars with automatic transmission).
Why do you need to tow a vehicle
- Breakdowns. There are situations in which the auto can not continue to move independently. The driver’s priority is to notify the relevant services of the situation. After this manipulation it is necessary to solve the question of towing a car to the first service station.
- Traffic accident. Traffic and road safety depend only on 50% of your experience and reaction, the other 50% – provides oncoming or neighboring cars. Any kind of collision and accident can cause breakdowns, which you can not even guess. These are life-threatening for the driver during further operation of the auto. In such cases, you should reinsure and tow car across the country, which should be driven after a full technical inspection.
- Weather conditions. During rain, fog or ice on the roads, the auto may skid on the road. In such situations, not all auto owners are lucky enough to solve the problem on their own. The auto can end up in a ditch or on sagging ground, so you can’t do without additional help.
- Moving. The owner of the auto, who intends to change his place of residence, first of all, decides on the future of the “iron horse”. He can cover hundreds or even thousands of kilometers behind the wheel, and can go by plane and use transportation services (these are services in the relevant companies that tow the car to the right place for you).
- Working with a towing trailer. The work associated with the automotive industry is quite diverse. Among it there are many narrow areas in which you need to tow a car and have these skills, for example: selling and reselling a car, buying broken vehicles and further disassembling them, repairing vehicles, car restoration and others.