There are many transport Mississippi river methods. Each has its own advantages and disadvantages and is suitable for solving certain problems. Today we will tell you more about river and sea transportation.
Advantages of river cargo transportation
River transportation is a type of goods delivery transported along reservoirs and rivers.
It is especially beneficial to use such transportation in order to move especially large consignments of inexpensive cargo, such as sand, fertilizers, etc.
In addition, river vehicles are simply irreplaceable for the heavy cargo delivery that cannot be delivered by air, car or train due to their heavy weight or size.
Usually river and sea delivery allows you to transport cargo to the most difficult and remote places.
All types of transportation Mississippi river that are known today are divided into only two types, namely:
Initially, this has a direct connection with the dispatch and delivery cargo points. Based on this, both the main advantages and disadvantages are approximately identical.
Sea freight – disadvantages
Among the sea freight transport disadvantages are the following:
- Compared to other transportation types of various products, sea transportation does not stand out for its insufficiently operational delivery speed.
- Manual cargo transportation directly depends on the climatic conditions of a particular area. So does the weather.
- More stringent requirements are presented for cargo, and more specifically, for containers and fasteners.
- The biggest disadvantage is that this transporting goods method involves a complex infrastructure. And to create this infrastructure requires considerable financial costs.
Sea freight – the main advantages
Sea freight transportation has significantly more advantages than disadvantages. Let’s take a closer look at them:
- Excellent bandwidth performance.
- The river cargo delivery service has an affordable cost.
- The possibility of carrying out intercontinental transportation, as well as the trade development at the international level.
- Based on all of the above, it is worth focusing on another indisputable advantage of this delivery type, namely, high profitability.
The difference between river transport and sea transport is that the goods are delivered by water bodies and rivers where they flow.
Based on this, the main disadvantages of river-type cargo deliveries are:
- Dependence on weather conditions, seasonality and topography of the water body.
- The vessel technical equipment has a significant impact on such transportation.
Speaking about the advantages of river-type cargo transportation, it should be pointed out that they are the same as sea-type delivery. Intercontinental communication is an exception.
In conclusion, I would like to say that since technology and navigation are actively developing these days, the sea level and river goods transportation is rapidly increasing. This, accordingly, has a positive effect on the very delivery quality service provided.