Travel trailer delivery: features and differences
How road transportation is carried out depends on the cargo being transported. It is as easy as possible to transport cars. But the carrier has an increased size, which means that it cannot be transported on a regular carrier. Plus, it’s harder to load onto the platform.
Such features affect the price and delivery time. This article will help you understand this issue. Knowing what the specifics of the service are, you will be able to find the most competent and reliable company.
What is worth knowing about the travel trailer transport service?
In the context of trucking, the key difference between a carrier and a car is the lack of an engine. A travel carrier is a mobile home. It is extremely mobile thanks to the fact that it connects to an SUV or pickup truck that moves it. Therefore, in most cases, transportation involves the delivery of not only a carrier, but also a vehicle. As a result, there is more space on the platform. Therefore, the cost of delivery of a carrier is higher than a car.
Also, the dimensions and the cost of transportation affect the features. And both a trailer and an SUV. A travel carrier, being a mobile home, is substantially larger than a regular car. Therefore, it does not fit on a regular carrier. A special carrier is needed here, which will not only accommodate the trailer, but also guarantee safe delivery. That is, it will provide enough free space. Otherwise, the roof could be scratched.
That is why, before you start looking for a carrier, it is worth collecting some information:
- trailer dimensions (weight, height, width and length);
- If you have an SUV/pickup truck for transporting a trailer, you need to have the above data for it.
What services for the transportation of trailers do the companies offer?
- Evacuation of the delivery van. Suitable for cases where the trailer cannot be delivered to the loading location. In this case, we carry out the towing. We provide a suitable carrier and special tools that guarantee reliable and safe transportation.
- Trailer transportation. The company owns its own vehicle fleet, which also includes large carriers and flat bed trucks. Able to transport several trailers at the same time.
- Removal of the motorhome. You just need to inform the company operator of the current location of the RV and the point at which it should be. We will send a qualified driver. He will deliver your property to the specified location.
When do travel trailer transport companies reduce the price?
The complexity of the service is determined by the fact that loading the trailer requires the use of a special towing vehicle. This increases the cost. However, some trailers can be loaded onto the carrier without a special vehicle. This circumstance will reduce the price.