Types truck trailers
There are a huge number of cargo trailers types. Depending on the needs, each of them will be the most optimal.
What kind of trailers are there?
- Awning. This type truck trailers is fully versatile. Designed for international and domestic transportation of commercial cargo. You can load cargo from 4 sides simultaneously.
- Refrigerator. Semi-trailer with a refrigeration unit with an automatic maintenance of the optimum temperature. Used for the goods transportation in need of refrigeration and freezing. The internal body temperature varies from +12 to -25 degrees.
- Isotherm. Isothermal semi-trailer with a cargo heat-insulating compartment. It is used for short-term goods transportation with a short shelf life. The isotherm is characterized by the maintenance of the initial internal temperature regime.
- Auto coupler. Combined type truck, consisting of a trailer and a tractor with a tilt semi-trailer. With its help, cargo is quickly unloaded and loaded. Not used for transporting long items.
- Jumbo. Curtainsider semi-trailer with a “broken” frame. L-shaped cargo compartment floor provides increased storage capacity. There is a kink in front of the cargo compartment, the discs diameter is reduced.
- Container ship. Semi-trailer used for the railway transportation and sea containers of various modifications. There is a sliding, universal, standard, low-loader and specialized for the tanks transportation and dump trucks.
- Open airborne platform. The product is designed to deliver virtually any cargo. Dimensions and conditions of carriage do not matter.
- Open platform. This platform type does not have an awning superstructure and sides. It is used for especially the oversized cargo transportation in the industrial and construction sectors, which are resistant to adverse weather conditions.
- Platform for oversized cargo. This platform copes with various goods delivery, including special machinery and construction equipment. Due to the peculiarities of its design, it can transport high-rise loads and lengths.
- Tank truck. Trucks with the presence of a tank are used for transportation and temporary goods storage. May differ in configuration and number of sections.
- Minibus. A commercial vehicle that transports food and non-food goods up to 5 meters.
- Auto transporter. An auto transporter transports trucks, cars and other vehicles. Accommodates about 7-10 B-class cars. Semi-trailer for transportation of cars, trucks and other wheeled vehicles. The capacity is directly proportional
- Grain carrier. A machine with a bunker or tank, on which bulk cargo is transported. Can be equipped with loading hatches or self-loading system.
- Dump truck. Self-loading vehicle with semi-trailer or trailer, used for the delivery of bulk cargo. Body, unloading type and direction may vary.
- Timber truck. Types trailer trucks for transportation of rolled steel pipes, long timber or sawn timber. The load is conveniently fixed along the entire perimeter thanks to the bunks.