What types freight transportation are there?
The classification of transported goods directly depends on the physical and chemical properties of materials. Also, these properties are the basis on which the selection of technical equipment is carried out, and transportation rules are determined.
Modern cargo options
Whatever product is transferred to the transporter for further transportation, it is automatically perceived as a cargo.
The goods are evaluated based on the list of attached documents.
At the moment, only 2 different types freight are known:
- With market value.
Consist of all kinds of goods that are material value. During the transportation process, the consignment note is filled in. After that, during sending to the warehouse of the consignee, this document is registered.
- No market value.
What do you need to know about cargo classification?
The difference between transportation goods lies in their physical parameters (liquid, bulk and piece). Today there are several categories of goods, the difference of which is in the method of transportation and loading and unloading.
Cargoes are divided into 5 types:
- Piece (category criteria: shape, weight, lack or presence of packaging). Their accounting is kept based on the quantity. Weight can be determined both without container and with it.
- Bulk (unloading and loading is carried out in bulk). Often these are crushed building materials such as crushed stone, sand and soil. Control is carried out by weighing (usually in conjunction with vehicles). For transportation by the open method, the coefficient of possible loss is added.
- Bulk (delivered in specially designed sealed containers). This is how the transportation of any liquid is realized. The accounting is based on the volume readings.
- Universal (in this case, there is no need to use specialized equipment for transportation). According to the standard, transportation is carried out using flatbed trucks.
- Specific or special (more carefully packed and transported more carefully).
Among other things, transported goods differ in weight. They are:
The dimensions of the parcels are also of great importance, in particular the dimensions of the vehicle bodies. To deliver small-sized cargoes, carrier companies most often resort to the operation of oblong platforms or trailers. To comply with safety standards, escorts are usually required.
General cargo is transported in oversized transport. These include products such as: reinforced concrete products, metal structural structures, packaged headings.