The Hawaiian Islands are a magical place. White charming beaches, blue water with completely unusual flora and fauna, majestic volcanoes, many of which are still active. If you live here, you can contemplate all this miracle at least every day. But what it like live Hawaii?
What it like living Hawaii? Do not forget that Hawaii is the States and some laws here seriously limit your life. To fully exist here, you must have either a residence permit or a visa. As soon as the action of the second ends, you find yourself powerless, and the possibility of deportation hangs over you. In this position, they are closed to you:
- official rental housing;
- car decoration;
- obtaining rights;
- registration of insurance.
At the same time, it is better to renew the visa in advance, so as not to get on the last days, when the problems are growing like a snowball.
Interesting fact! In the Hawaiian Islands, immigration police closely monitor visitors. Just getting married or marrying fictitiously will not work here. For such couples, secret surveillance is established, even social networks are monitored.
It should be noted right away that local residents here are fighting for jobs, and for those that have to hold on with all their might. The reason is the lack of vacancies. At the same time, those that exist are given to creative professionals who can surprise with their abilities. Such workers earn good money. By the way, it is believed that Hawaii is the most expensive state in America.
Those working here have privileges in public transport, hospitals, etc. The military is especially held in high esteem, but they also have the greatest responsibility. For example, smoking marijuana is officially legal in this state, but not for officers.
Interesting to know! In Hawaiian families, it is accepted that the earner is the head of the family. His salary is the general wealth, but his wife’s salary is only her savings.
The most popular professions are considered to be everything connected with the tourism business, but salaries leave much to be desired in this area.
The nuances of life
- Public transport is only well developed in Oahu. But in the rest of the islands, only a taxi service is available.
- When purchasing a pet, you must register it with a special surveillance service. And if a cat or dog is imported from another state, the pet must go through a 2-week quarantine
- The food here is quite expensive, all because 90% of it comes from other states
- Hawaii has a unique warm climate, but no snakes
- The island is devoid of annoying billboards – they are strictly prohibited. They are not on any island
- Hawaii is a center of ethnic diversity, but whites are still treated a little wary here, because Americans are still considered invaders in the subcortex.
This is just a part of the extraordinary life in these wonderful latitudes. Many features are difficult to fit into one article.