The car broke down – a situation that has happened to every car enthusiast and you don’t know who do call if my car breaks down? Moreover, even people who are savvy in this matter are sometimes simply lost when faced with such problems. Many modern cars are not sharpened for emergency repairs on the road. Under the hood – to the main parts; it is quite difficult to get through without special equipment. Although it is still possible to eliminate elementary gaps in the work, the main thing is to know how to do it. We offer to talk about the problem in general – what do if my car breaks down, and why do it?
Warn other drivers and protect yourself
We simulate the situation – you were driving home from vacation or from a summer residence and it was already dark enough on the street, and my car broke down what do do. Even if you managed to pull over to the side of the road, and not stay in the middle of the track, you still have to take care of the safety of yourself and those around you by reporting an emergency. Every driver must know what do do when your car breaks down – warning signs must be placed in the trunk.
- Turn on alarms on the car
- Dimensions must work to be clearly visible
- Disembark passengers and move away from the roadway
- Wear a reflective vest, especially important if the breakdown occurred outside urban conditions
- A separate plus if there are additional reflective elements in the car, which can be distributed to passengers
- Put an emergency stop sign – it should always be in the trunk – the location is +15 m from the car for the city and +30 m from the car for the out-of-city highway
What to do after?
If you are a person not savvy in terms of technical equipment of a car, you do not need to touch anything under the hood. Who call when your car breaks down? In such cases, it is always important to keep a tow truck number in your mobile, which will be able to deliver the car to the service station or workers who are ready to carry out on-site repairs. There is no such number, try to walk to the nearest gas station – they will probably either prompt you or give you the opportunity to use the Internet.
If you have a good technical base for car repair, then we arm ourselves with a set of tools and go under the hood. Found a breakdown in the brake or steering system – your only way out is a tow truck. Such machines cannot be moved even on a cable, using another vehicle.
Only simple breakdowns are easily removable:
- wheel replacement;
- engine overheating – just let it cool down and try to get to the service station slowly;
- suddenly ran out of gasoline – do not discount that the sensor could simply not work, and you did not notice the problem.
Who call if your car breaks down? In any case, if the reason is in the details of the car and you even managed to eliminate it for a while, then immediately upon arrival at the nearest settlement or service station, do not ignore the need to carry out diagnostics in order to protect yourself and your car from more serious problems. Remember that even an insignificant breakdown can seriously become a problem and put your life in danger.