Transport types shipping company and transportation – many do not even think about the fact that this is a huge segment of the business that has clear group divisions. Let’s talk about what types shipping companies and cargo transportation can be right now.
Varieties of transport companies
Transportation is needed constantly, and in various fields of activity. From here, several groups are taken out at once, into which transport companies are usually divided.
- Narrow profile sector. These are organizations that focus on certain types of cargo, for example, only the transportation of cars or products. For such companies, the task is to purchase 2-3 machines suitable specifically for the transportation of this segment of goods.
- Intermediate transportation. Transport companies undertake the transportation of a certain group of goods, working with manufacturers or wholesalers. For such tasks, too, you do not need many machines, but the tonnage that they can handle is strategically important
- Raw material carriers. We are talking about transport companies that do not undertake the transportation of finished products, but help manufacturers deliver raw materials. Here, too, we need large cars in small quantities.
- Long-distance transportation – interregional or international. Such companies have vehicles tailored to international standards
- Transportation to warehouses. Organizations carry various goods to storage points, so they are interested in the availability of a wide and “diverse” vehicle fleet
- Courier deliveries (short-term). Here companies are limited to passenger cars or semi-passenger minibuses.
Often, companies may not have transport forces at all, delegating their tasks to vehicle fleets. However, it is better to choose a transport company by profile and with their own cars, for which they are able to answer, because they serve them independently.
All cargoes are divided into different groups for convenience according to different criteria. Of course, the most common division into belonging to one or another branch of the economy. Also a commonly used classification by purpose:
- raw materials;
- finished product;
- household chemistry;
- household appliances;
- perishable cargo;
- dangerous, etc.
Transport signs divide goods according to:
- bulkiness, etc.
It is interesting that there is a number of cargoes that can change their classification along with the selected feature. However, there are cargoes that invariably occupy their own classification niche:
- hazardous – objects or substances that can harm humans or the environment;
- perishable – require special storage and transportation conditions, for example, vaccine, milk-containing products;
- small-sized or very heavy loads – they are distinguished by non-standard dimensions, weight, volume, which makes it impossible to organize standard transportation;
- live – livestock, poultry and other animals.
Classification of goods is necessary for every transport company, no matter what it specializes in, because this allows you to properly organize and optimize the transportation process.