- Client understands that by providing pickup and delivery addresses of vehicle(s) and/or credit card details is hiring the services of SHIPCARS LLC (hereinafter
referred to as ‘SHIPCARS’), a federally licensed and bonded transportation brokerage , to arrange the shipment of Client’s vehicle(s) with a
federally licensed and insured Contract Carrier (hereinafter referred to as ‘Carrier’). Furthermore, Client has thoroughly read and completely understands this
agreement and will abide by these terms and conditions.
- Client has to be registered legal owner of the vehicle(s) and have authority to enter into this Agreement or has been duly authorized by the legal owner of the
vehicle(s) to enter into this Agreement.
- Once a carrier is assigned to transport vehicle(s), Client will be given the projected dates of pickup and delivery as well as the Carrier name and direct phone
number. Any dates given by SHIPCARS are Carrier’s computations only and are provided solely to assist the Client and Carrier in the arrangement of their
schedules. Dates provided for pick up or delivery are never guaranteed, as certain conditions can alter a Carrier’s schedule ( i.e. weather and road conditions,
scheduling or mechanical issues, a late customer, etc.). Thus, Client may never hold SHIPCARS liable for costs incurred as the result of any delays, including
(but not limited to) any car rental fees or accommodation fees for Client.
- The total price for the transportation is factored using numerous pieces of information including (but not limited to) the size and/or weight of the vehicle(s).
Misrepresentation to SHIPCARS of vehicle(s) size, weight and/or any modifications may result in additional fees and/or cancelation of the order. Booking fees
are never refunded in orders canceled due to misrepresentation of vehicle(s).
- SHIPCARS will not charge the Booking fee (which constitutes SHIPCARS’s service fee) until Client’s vehicle is picked up by the Carrier assigned for
shipment. TM Shipping holds the right to check validity of Clients CC after providing carrier’s contact details via email.
6.In the event that Carrier is unable to safely access the pickup or delivery addresses given by Client (due to, but not limited to: entrance restrictions, low hanging
branches, and/or narrow streets), Client agrees to meet Carrier at a nearby location in order for Carrier to safely perform his service. Inability to meet Carrier at
pick up and/or delivery may result in additional fees.
- INOP ( inoperable ) vehicles must roll, steer and brake. If vehicle does not meet all three of these conditions, additional fees may apply. Vehicles that become
non-operational during shipment, for any reason, will be subject to an additional, industry standard, non-operational fee of One Hundred and Fifty Dollars ($150.00)
- If vehicle is INOP and Carrier cannot physically reach the pick up or delivery location, a local tow truck may be used to assist in the service at the
- expense of Client. Also, any Client shipping INOP vehicle(s) may be required to help load or unload at Carrier’s discretion.
- Client agrees and understands that vehicle(s) must be free of cargo as neither SHIPCARS nor Carrier are licensed or insured to handle the transportation of
“Household Goods”. Damage to, loss of, or fines issued to Carrier resulting from any unauthorized cargo present in vehicle during shipment are the sole
responsibility of Client. In addition, Client must prepare vehicle for transport by providing any and all keys, disarming and providing necessary remotes for any
alarm systems, and removing or retracting all antennas, loose items and/or protruding accessories from vehicle. No electronic equipment, valuables, plants, live
pets, alcohol, drugs or firearms may be left in the vehicle. SHIPCARS and Carrier may not be held responsible for any damage to, loss of or damage caused by
items left in Client’s vehicle during transport.
- If client has signed the contract in terms of 1-3 months before 1st available pick up date client must take into account season and weather conditions that may
result in price changes ( the price may increase or decrease) regardless price mentioned in contract.
- It is Client’s responsibility to ensure that vehicle(s) is(are) ready to be released to the chosen Carrier by the projected pickup date provided by Client at the
time of order placement. Failure to release vehicle(s) to scheduled carrier for any reason (including but not limited to: storage, auction, port, towing, mechanical,
purchase fees, scheduling or personal issues, etc.) may result in cancelation and/or a ‘Dry Run’ fee . Standard fee for ‘Dry-Run’ is One Hundred Fifty Dollars
($150.00). Client may elect to reschedule a new Carrier through SHIPCARS (additional fees apply). All Booking fees are final and non-refundable.
- Carrier will be in touch with Client or Agent by phone at the numbers provided by Client in order to schedule an appointment for pickup and delivery of
vehicle(s). It is Client’s sole responsibility to verify that all contact phone numbers and email addresses given to SHIPCARS, and consequently Carrier, are
correct. In the event Client or Agent is unable to meet Carrier at the appointed time for delivery and/or make payment of balance due, vehicle(s) may be stored in
a facility chosen by Carrier at Client’s expense. SHIPCARS will not be held responsible for any storage fees.
- Payments to Carrier (COD) must be made on or before delivery of vehicle(s) unless payment on pick-up (COP) is prearranged or payment was made in full to
SHIPCARS at the time of order placement (Full-Payment). All COD payments must be made directly to Carrier in the form of cash, cashier’s check or money
order payable to Carrier’s company name ONLY. In the event the client decides to arrange to make full payment with a credit card, the order will be subject to a 4
% service charge.
- SHIPCARS LLC will not be responsible for demurrage at any Port Facilities. Payment for the sea portion MUST be issued by client BEFORE vehicle arrives at
the port. Once an order is received, a booking number will be provided to client with instructions for issuing payment. Failure to do so may cause delays and /or
additional storage fees.
- This contract is subject to all of the terms and conditions of Carrier’s straight Bill of Lading and any liability exclusions therein. SHIPCARS has no
responsibility or liability for any damage to vehicle(s) and/or the contents of said vehicle(s) during transport or at any other time. Client or Agent should under no
circumstances release or receive vehicle(s) from Carrier without an inspection report (Bill of Lading/BOL) regardless of the time of day or weather conditions.
Carrier and Client, or Agent, are required to verify, sign and obtain a copy of both pick up and delivery inspection reports. Failure to do so may result in Client’s
inability to file a damage claim. Carrier’s insurance will ONLY process claims for damages due to Carrier’s own negligence. Damage must be reported to
SHIPCARS within 24 hours of delivery and clearly listed on the BOL and signed by Carrier’s driver, no exceptions. In the event there is damage during transport,
Client (or designated Agent) must note those damages on the final inspection report, pay the remaining balance stated on this agreement (all monies owed for
transport must be paid) and then contact Carrier’s main office as well as Carrier’s insurance company. Client will have to submit in writing a description of
damage, clear pictures, and 2 estimates within 10 days of receipt of said vehicle directly to the designated carrier and his insurance company for any resolution to
be initiated. Failure to note any damage on the final inspection report releases Carrier of any liability and could result in the inability to process a damage claim.
- Neither SHIPCARS nor Carrier can be held responsible for damages caused by vandalism, acts of God (hail, fire, sandstorms, flooding, snow, tornadoes,
earthquakes, hurricanes, etc.), objects flying from the road or objects falling from the sky during transport.
- All Carriers selected by SHIPCARS must maintain the required insurance to protect Client’s vehicle(s) during transport. Copies of Carrier’s direct Bill of
Lading must be obtained from the Carrier’s driver and/or Carrier’s office at the phone numbers provided. Refusal of Carrier must be done at least 24 hours in
advance of scheduled pick up and will result in a $50 rescheduling fee that will be charged in addition to the Booking fee on the credit card provided.
- Once the vehicle(s) is(are) dispatched and a Carrier has been scheduled to pick up Client’s vehicle SHIPCARS’s notifies Customer via email (to the email
address provided ). SHIPCARS has a right to charge one hundred and fifty dollars ( 150$) in case of cancellation order after client has been provided all the
driver’s information. Cancellation can be accepted via email only. Our services are considered rendered when a Carrier (transporter) is assigned to an order. Any
service fees or Booking fees unpaid by time of delivery will be added to the remaining balance and either collected by Carrier on delivery or charged on the credit
card provided in this agreement before the vehicle(s) will be released at delivery. All Booking fees and service fees are final and non-refundable. Booking fee is
SHIPCARS service fee. It is not included in quoted price.
- SHIPCARS have 5 business days to schedule the pickup of Client’s vehicle starting at the first available date provided by Client (applies only to standard
stock Cars, SUV, Pickup Trucks and Motorcycles). If SHIPCARS fails to schedule the pickup of Client’s vehicle within 5 business days from the first available date
Client can opt out of this agreement with no penalties. If this agreement is canceled by Client anytime prior to or within 5 business days from the first available
date for vehicle pick up provided by Client, a $75 cancelation fee will be charged to the credit card provided at the time of booking.
- Client agrees and understands that these terms and conditions are the only contract between Client and SHIPCARS. This document is binding as it
supersedes any and all verbal or written communications. SHIPCARS reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time without previous
- This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida. The parties further agree that any legal action arising
out of this agreement must be filed in a court of jurisdiction within Broward County, Florida and that SHIPCARS’s liability is limited to the amount of
SHIPCARS’s service fee only. Client hereby submits to the jurisdiction of such courts and waives any right to jurisdiction in any other location.
- SHIPCARS and/or its agents shall never be responsible for such force majeure events: -Damage not clearly noted on the Bill of Lading (inspection report),
regardless of the time of day or weather conditions. -Damage to undercarriage, suspension, brakes, alignment, tuning, exhaust system, electrical system or
battery as no evaluation or inspection of the previous condition of such parts is performed before pick up. -Damage to antennas (SHIPCARS strongly suggests
retracting or removing of any and all antennas). -Damage to or loss of personal items or non-stock equipment including (but not limited to) audio and/or video
systems, GPS equipment, tracking devices, phones and power windows/mirrors. -Fines due to personal items inside the vehicle(s). -Damage caused by objects
flying from the road (rock chips, windshields, etc.). -Damage to cloth or vinyl roofs older than 2 years. -Damage caused by leaking fluids during transport, such as
motor oil, transmission fluid, battery acid, coolant, anti-freeze fluid, power steering fluid. -Damage to driveways, buildings, walls, doors, gates, garages, yards,
trees, plants, sidewalks, fences, awnings mailboxes or nearby vehicles. -Damage caused by Acts of God (hail, fire, sandstorms, flooding, snow, tornadoes,
earthquakes, hurricanes, etc.). – Damage caused by acts of a public enemy, acts of terrorism, riots, strikes, labor disputes, fires, explosions, floods, acts or orders
of civil or military authorities, or other causes beyond the reasonable control of the party declaring the force majeure events. – Clients should maintain their own
insurance for these reasons. If vehicle is valued at a higher than market rate, we suggest you purchase a special insurance rider.
- By either submitting your order online, sending us your order by fax or by email, SHIPCARS understands you are placing your order and accept the terms
and conditions (in lieu of your signature) found here and on SHIPCARS web site (SHIPCARS.com).